Oct 29, 2008

Handmade Halloween

My mother used to make all of our Halloween costumes and they were usually really elaborate. There was a Snow White costume complete with the initials "SW" embroidered on the cape and the princess costume with contrasting colors inside the long bell sleeves. So, as I grew older it was always imprinted in my head that you make your Halloween costume, and I have almost every year since I was about 12. But these bag costumes that generally had been thought of as cheap or ugly have really come a long way. Now they can cost you upwards of $50 and come with many accessories! I wont fall for it though, I still make my costume and my husband and I are headed to some great Halloween fun this weekend in our Muppets costumes. He, being a drummer for a long time, has chosen Animal, and I have chosen Rowlf as a Muppet Baby. Check back after Halloween for some pics and you can see just how well we did.

No comments: